Thursday, August 19, 2010

Una Semana Para Planear Todo del Ano!

So I have been planning my whole year this week.  Although I haven't been able to do much since they have us in meeting from 8am to 1pm.  I am bringing a lot of new ideas to the faculty.  I think there are a lot more resources that I can access online in English than they have in Spanish.  The government has a lot of regulation on schools, more so on private schools because they can take away the authority to teach.  They are starting to require teachers to plan the same way that we do in the States, but we are more closely watched to make sure that we are planning ahead, instead of coming in 10 minutes before class and scrambling to figure out what we are going to teach that day.... like many of us have done in the U.S.

Overall I'm super excited!!!  Things have really fallen into place.  I love having an office of my own and a department that actually talks about what we are teaching!!!  I'm going to have to get a fan or air-conditioning unit for my office because it's on the top floor and it's pretty hot.

Below are pictures of my office!

XOXOXO

"Caro" (my new Spanish name)

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you're settling in! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting Caro! ;) I am so happy to hear you are doing well over there! And it must be very rewarding to be able to contribute in great ways like you are. Congrats girlfriend, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete